Why Join Us?
The CEA provides a community for business owners where members receive support, encouragement, motivation and advice. Although many of us do business with each other and provide leads to one another, it’s about more than that. Our weekly breakfast meetings are relaxed, filled with laughter and camaraderie and many of us have developed deep friendships over the years.
More reasons to join us:
As part of our group, you will have the opportunity each week to:
- Gain perspective on your business and your decisions from other members
- Promote your business
- Obtain valuable insight into other industries and local business developments which could impact your business
- Generate new business
- Receive referrals to the group’s networks
- Build important connections within the group that can help your business
- Create an unofficial ‘board of advisors’
- Attend active, regular forums discussing business and financial problems with peers
- Develop new business friends and contacts
- Generate contacts through affiliated associations in over 100 cities
- Purchase products or services directly
Learn more about joining the CEA
Membership is open to all types of businesses ranging from manufacturers, wholesalers and dis-tributors to retailers, service contractors and professional business consultants. All membership applications are circulated through the membership and are subject to final board approval.
To qualify, you must be:
- Three years in business.
- The Owner/Manager who can make decisions on the sale and purchase of products and services.
- An Open Classification: We only offer one membership per business classification. The main activity of your business (70% of your business) cannot be in direct competition with the main activity of an existing member’s business.
CEA Member Responsibilities
Our weekly CEA general meetings are held at The Winston Golf Club. Meetings are held Wednesday mornings from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. All of the CEA meetings include a buffet break-fast, networking opportunities, sharing of business leads, a presentation from one of our members and an opportunity to engage members in business-related discussions.
In order to attend a meeting as a guest, you must first be approved by the Executive Director.
Several times a year, the CEA hosts a speaker event on current business topics. This event is a ticketed event for guests. Through speaker events, the CEA provides information about business trends, business ideas and the economy. These events are also an opportunity for members to bring guests and for the CEA to market itself.
CEA member expectations include:
- Attendance at regularly scheduled meetings (at least 70% of all meetings).
- Maintain a minimum operating efficiency (attendance and participation through furnishing leads and doing business with other members) as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Familiarize yourself with the various businesses represented by fellow members.
- Provide information and assistance to other member firms when requested.
- Encourage, solicit and receive business from other members' firms.
- Act promptly on all business leads received.
- Handle all referred business in such a manner as to reflect credit upon the referring member and the association.
- Give fellow members the preference and opportunity in business transactions.
- Recommend member firms to your associations, employees, and other contacts.
- Furnish quality merchandise and service.