Why Join Us?
CEA Member Benefits
The CEA is comprised of some of Calgary’s leading companies committed to promoting and referring YOUR business.
As a member of the CEA, you will benefit from exposure to a network of member firms that:
- Purchase your products or services directly.
- Provide you with valuable insight into other industries and local business developments that may impact your business.
- Refer you to other businesses or customers in need of your products or services.
- Promote your business to their business network.
- Offer you products or services.
- Provide valuable information or assistance to you when you need it.
The CEA helps you:
- Generate new business potential.
- Learn first hand information on new developments in products and services.
- Enjoy "additional" executive salespeople to help market your business.
- Attend active, regular forums discussing business and financial problems with peers.
- Develop new business friends and contacts.
- Generate contacts through affiliated associations in over 100 cities.
Who Can Join CEA?
Membership is open to all types of businesses ranging from manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors to retailers, service contractors and professional business consultants. All membership applications are circulated through the membership and are subject to final board approval.
In order to qualify for membership, the following must apply:
- 3 years in business.
- Owner/Manager who can make decisions on the sale and purchase of products and services.
- Minimum 3 employees.
- Minimum $500,000 Gross Revenue.
- Open Classification: The main activity of your business can not be in direct competition with the main activity of an existing members business.
CEA Member Responsibilities
Weekly CEA general meetings are held at The Winston Golf Club. Meetings are held Wednesday mornings from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Meetings include breakfast, networking, sharing of business leads, a presentation from one of our members and an opportunty to engage members in business related discussions.
In order to attend a meeting as a guest, you must first be approved by the Executive Director.
CEA member expectations include:
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings (at least 70% of all meetings).
- Maintain a minimum operating efficiency (attendance and participation through furnishing leads and doing business with other members) as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Familiarize themselves with the various businesses represented by their fellow members.
- Provide information and assistance to other member firms when requested.
- Encourage, solicit and receive business from other members' firms.
- Act promptly on all business leads received.
- Handle all referred business in such a manner as to reflect credit upon the referring member and the association.
- Give fellow members the preference and opportunity in business transactions.
- Recommend member firms to your associations, employees, and other contacts.
- Furnish quality merchandise and service.